Posted
4:01 PM
by spitgirl
AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE
So the bruises are healing but are also darkening to a very eggplant purple, which is good for showing off but is still rather painful. I walked into TKD today and Miss Aloi said, "Oh, good, just the person I wanted to talk to!" I assumed the, "Uh-oh, what trouble did I get myself into" mode and asked what she had in mind... well, apparently once a semester she does a little something different, and she wanted to teach basic rolls and falls and then the reap kick (low spin heel from the knee). So she asked me to demonstrate some of them, gave me a little instruction, and we were off. After a fairly basic warm up, she started lecturing, using me as a demonstration dummy. Not much different than what Dr. Ur has us brown belts do normally.
Okay, so it's not every day that you walk into taekwondo and get hankido instead. I unfortunately had a muscle spasm or something while demonstrating face fall and managed to injure my tricep somehow - it seems like a fairly serious strain or a pull. Hope I can still go climbing this weekend...
Anyhow, the stuff we covered was basic rolls (only forward, though she wanted to teach backwards as well - I guess we ran out of time), face fall, back fall, side fall, and then roll into a slap. Odd. Very odd. At least this means while running stairs tomorrow I'll be doing crunches instead of pushups. Arrrgh. And I was starting to get such nice arms, too! Took some ibuprofen and am about to take a nap to help the healing process.
In other news, I finally got my rear in gear and bought some vitamins yesterday. I took one today - they're these huge pills that are a very pleasant shade of pastel orange. It's odd the things you find out. While I was in the process of purchasing things, I'm having Miss Aloi buy a paddle and some shinguards for me. Shinguards good! Paddle even better to play with! Now I just need to get my rear in gear and buy some climbing shoes...