Hankido
Church People
John Woo
Cindy Liu
Hankido People
Lucille
Kenny

Sunday, October 27, 2002


BREAK BOARD, BREAK HAND

Last day of groundwork today, and it was a lot of review of what we covered on Friday. Actually, it was almost exactly the identical workout as Friday evening, backwards shrimping included. So it wasn't terribly exciting but I did have a chance to work on my technique a little. Just in general, it felt really quite short because we ended at 4:30pm for the ill-fated Giants game and also for the board-breaking session.

Now board breaking looked like fun but I hadn't ever done it before. So I went as a dutiful brown belt and asked Dr. Link if he would lecture on choosing boards... and then I asked him about board breaking just in general, since I hadn't done it. He talked to me for a little while and tried to get me to understand about the different types of breaks. He thought I was completely crazy when I mentioned that my yellow belt test for TKD would have a hammerfist break. I got the boards, though, and they should be more dry and easier to break by the time the test rolls around in December. (He gave them 7s.)

Kenny also had me hold some boards for him, which was nuts. He was doing a two board break and Paul needed a secondary. So I pulled on the face mask and we held... it was a good thing I pulled on the face mask, because one of the big pieces flew right at my head and thunked against the plastic before falling down. I don't even know what the type of break was, but all three of us ki-haped as loud as we could.

Sung also helped me out with my hammerfist, telling me that I had to drive my hips more into it. The side of my hand was numb after the break, but it really didn't hurt. Mmm... didn't hurt. I dig that.

Tomorrow is T-shirt day... and throws weeks begins tomorrow! Yay! Now if only I didn't feel like I was coming down with a cold...


Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> *   (0) comments
Post a Comment

Home