Hankido
Church People
John Woo
Cindy Liu
Hankido People
Lucille
Kenny

Friday, October 25, 2002


CHOKES AND HOLDS

So I was still dinged up a little bit from yesterday's workout - my ankle is still pinging, so I think I'm going to have to do the ibuprofen/ice thing again. In the early workout, we worked a little technique where from the guard, you would cinch in to one side, grabbing the other side arm, and then pull into an arm bar. We then worked getting into the arm bar position when the person is struggling. We simply held on underneath the arm, kicking out with one leg to get the other arm off, then lean back, letting the arm slide slightly until we had the wrist. The second technique that we learned was from the turtle position. From there, the attacker would wedge in their heels on both sides and then reach in for the same arm lapel, then yank up to get the person's arm to pop up. From there, one could simply grab hold, cinching underneath to the dobok, and then sit back and thrust the hips up to get the arm bar.

We then worked some takedowns, primarily with what was later called the forward body drop from matwork. We pushed out with one leg, turning around into a scarf hold. Very fun, but I managed to bruise myself again. So I grabbed the shinguards and went back to work.

I think we did something else but I forgot. Will have to ask Paul.

So the second workout, we warmed up with some rolling and some shrimping, both forward and backwards (very interesting) and then some headstands into side falls. (Weird. Very weird.)

We then went straight into the matwork, and I got Sarah... who is terribly fierce and someone who I have to continue to work with, because she's gotten a lot better while I've been... distracted or something.

We worked some arm bars, some chokes, some takedowns (floating body drop), and some escapes from chokes... so to recap, the escapes were to 1. shrug, 2. poke in a rib, and 3. as Dr. Link put it, "Reach out and touch someone." (Hit a nerve in the groin area.)


Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> *   (0) comments
Post a Comment

Home