Posted
1:19 AM
by spitgirl
FLY!
All right, so I had another one of those Days. I woke up late for class, grabbed only my uniform top when I ran out the door, and so showed up at taekwondo with only my dobok top. Baaaad idea. I had my belt and my sports bra, though, so I guess things weren't all that bad. I couldn't go in half dressed, so Miss Aloi said we were going to fly today and to just get dressed up in spandex and a T-shirt, which was all I really had with me. After our normal warmup, we worked... yep, you guessed right - flying kicks!
I missed flying kicks, according to Lucille et al, this weekend due to my gigs. (Arrgh.) But we did some flying side kicks and a flying back kick. I think no matter what Dr. Link complains about, we could be much worse off. Chabot only has one heavy bag, and it's not even that heavy. I was having some problems aiming my flying back kick - I think I'm not turning as much as I should be turning. We also worked some running the walls - you run at an angle at the wall and then just kind of run along it. Very fun, but after the second time (I got two steps up and not just one), I landed a little awkwardly and did what felt like compressing my ankle to the outside. Not fun, so I stopped immediately and started doing something else (situps/crunches). Not a very hard workout... we'll see what I can do tomorrow to make that up.