Posted
1:38 AM
by spitgirl
KNEECAP THE SUCKAH
I only did half of a workout today because of my church's annual Missions Conference. All of my hard work paid off in the Missions Conference - I had an opportunity to share about Brazil and also run a fun game I called "Numbers," which I think really impacted the people who participated. Good stuff.
So today was demo kicks day, and Steve warmed us up with a couple of reminders from the previous weeks' class. I was instructing a white belt on a pretty dangerous maneuver - hooking a kick and then slowly pushing below the kneecap to push the person over - and that eventually the point was to kick and break the person's knee, but that he was NOT supposed to do that in workout because he likes my knees. Apparently he didn't like my knees enough because he jerked a little while kicking me and basically forced my kneecap up what felt like a half inch... oh my goodness - my knee was cracking for a half an hour later. I was not amused. He apologized profusely. I hope he gets the idea that GOING SLOWLY WHEN THE BROWN BELT TELLS HIM TO GO SLOWLY IS A GOOD IDEA.
I guess it was the fact that I was tying white - I switched bags again today and thought I tossed my belt into my bag. Guess what? Wasn't in the bag, wasn't in the trunk, and so I tied white. Siiigh. I had to leave right after the first water break because of the missions conference, and I won't be back until Wednesday. That reminds me, unfortunately, of something that Vera said to me: "You obsessive child, you!" She means it in love, but she's right...
So, this is just for your enjoyment:
Photo by Tina O'Halloran.