Hankido
Church People
John Woo
Cindy Liu
Hankido People
Lucille
Kenny

Tuesday, October 29, 2002


PEOPLE ARE READING...

So Paul messaged me today asking if my silence on the blog meant that the whole job thing was perking up. Wow, someone's reading my blog. I knew that Paul reads all the time but it was just kinda cool that he asked about not blogging. To tell you guys the truth, I've been a little under the weather lately, starting from Sunday night. It really didn't hit me until Monday, though, when I woke up feeling dizzy, feverish, and sniffly. I can handle the dizzy, but the feverish bothered me, especially when every single thermometer I could find read that I had a perfect 98.3. Mom was a dear, and I crammed myself with echinacea and honey/lemon tea.

Consequently, I woke up this morning feeling not so sick and at the same time pretty sniffly. After downing some DayQuil, I headed off to my exam, and then to taekwondo. Again, warm ups. Fun with some cold-like symptoms, I tell you, but my hope is that I would burn off whatever it was going on inside of me. After our stretches, we started working on some of our curriculum stuff, and we learned the ten step counter-attacks and kicks.

From fighting stance left:
1. Left back leg front kick
2. Right back leg front kick
3. Sliding forward right front kick
4. Left back leg front kick
5. Sliding forward left front kick (ki-hap)
6. Right back leg front kick, step back
7. Left back leg front kick, step back
8. Slide back, right leg front kick, step back
9. Slide back, left leg front kick, step back
10. Slide back, double front kick (right, left) landing left foot forward

We also ran through Pal Gae #1, which I described incorrectly last week but I now know it, so... I'll just fix the description or something.

After working on that for fifteen minutes, we pulled out the paddles and started working what I'll call "introduction to narabangs." Really what I need to do is just run narabangs over and over and over again, but we were doing the turning "step-step" roundhouse, then step to hop-hop-hop roundhouse. We never really made it straight through to narabangs but we had a lot of work on them over the break with Dr. Link.

Really, how much can you cram into an hour? Not much...


Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> *   (0) comments
Post a Comment

Home