Posted
2:20 AM
by spitgirl
CIRCULAR MOTION
Miss Aloi, my TKD instructor, claims I gave her a cold. Considering her symptoms are completely different than mine were a week ago, I highly doubt that I gave it to her. However, she was feeling bad enough to not have us bow in (unusual), but after warming up and stretching a bit she had us stand in a big circle holding out our hands, and then each did two round trips each of the kick, then went the other way and did the other foot. We did some axe kicks, front push kick (took me a while to get that one, turns out it's not the same as a front kick), turning back kick. It was definitely a good way to work on targeting, and I might consider bringing it into Dr. Ur's workout if he allows me to run warm up again.
... and that was it for TKD. An excellent cardio workout, but altogether too short. I worked with Kerwin, one of our white belts, on clarifying some of the forms. I figure I can work on the forms after the brown belt test in early December. I'll have two weeks to work on it from then... hopefully...
Things are falling in place for some of the advanced workouts. Hm...