Posted
2:31 PM
by spitgirl
PUNCH!
Wow. I've really been out of it, haven't I? Well, let's see what happened these past two days, and maybe I'll catch up today. First of all, happy birthday to Paul, who got more than his share of throws. Last night was a total blast - we started out the day, me being sore and all, with a Steve warm up. This warm up started with a little game of tag, and then lines across the room of falls, footwork, footwork/punchwork, and gymnastics. It also covered movement while punching. Afterwards, we reviewed some basic throws - hip throw and major outer reap. I got to work with Piper and Chong-In (I think that's her name) on those two, and we had a blast of a time. I love working with white belts sometimes.
The second workout, we had a little bit of time, so we got into a circle and did more footwork, lots of switching of stances and then strikes out of stances while moving. It was quite fun. Afterwards, we had about a half an hour of open workout, so I pulled out the mats and started working soft rolls and then switched to spin hook/spin heel kicks. Overall, very draining. I was so tired that when I'd gotten home, I snuggled up briefly on my bed and the next thing I knew, it was 7am...
SQUAT
TKD on Thursday was pretty fun - I walked in a little late, but managed to join them. We work out on wrestling mats, so there were conveniently lots of circles. We went three times around the room, doing one pushup each circle, and then later one situp each circle. And then some abs work. (Miss Aloi: "Come on, Elaine! Higher! Do you want me to call Dr. Link and tell him his star hankido student is a wimp?" "Who said I was a star student? I -am- a wimp!") Afterwards, we were preparing for tip-testing. I should tip test for my poomse sometime soon...