Hankido
Church People
John Woo
Cindy Liu
Hankido People
Lucille
Kenny

Saturday, November 09, 2002


TRUE 16-STEP

Early workout was all I had the time to make today, since I had a gig tonight in the south bay. (That's also why I'm posting late, if you had to know.) Had a nice warm-up at the climbing gym. This was 16-step week, and after bow-in, we rolled out our backs with a number of different exercises (including round-offs and back extension rolls!). We then spent a solid 35 minutes on 16-step, running through all of the ones we knew. I worked with Kent, my intended partner (if we end up testing, that is), and I ran through all of the ones I was really solid on, except the sacrifice throws.

So I was examining my 16-step knowledge and realized there are a few that I don't know that I really should work on - the two fireman's carries and the two rice thresher (or carpet roll) throws. That brings my knowledge to a solid 11 - the first six (two wrist throws, armbar-footsweep and scissors takedown, and the two kicking ones), the "group of three" Laura showed me (tiger throw, reap, and spring hip throw), and then the two sacrifice throws (the Captain Kirk and the windsurfer).

Afterwards, we got into cross-belt ranking lines - two white belts and then me and Shahab, a green belt, were running 16 step in lines. I had a chance to go through three times, and each time threw Shahab a different way, since I really couldn't take down the white belts when they really didn't know all that much about falling. I did let Mike take a pseudo spring hip throw (I can't really do it yet, so I just did a hip throw and he went right over)...

Pretty intense - I don't know how it happened, but I racked up two more bruises - one in the lower calf and another on my forearm. I swear, people must think I live in an abusive household or osmething, always showing up with new bruises. (But no, I don't deal with domestic violence. Thank goodness.)


Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> *   (0) comments
Post a Comment

Home