Hankido
Church People
John Woo
Cindy Liu
Hankido People
Lucille
Kenny

Wednesday, January 29, 2003


Woke up this morning completely sore from yesterday's triple workout. The knee's a little tender to the touch but seems to work just fine. I see why instructors who teach for a living don't necessarily warm up with everyone. I warmed up three times... but yes, so I woke up very sore, and went to the dojang to clear out the equipment room. One of the things I'd been putting off was moving all of the martial arts monographs (they're research papers bound into a book) from the equipment room into another office. Well, what I thought was only twenty or so boxes ended up being close to forty. It took me about an hour and a half of moving those boxes, and I even had a little help from Master Ahn and George. I feel like all I did was lift for an hour and a half.

So the peak of the day was the hankido promotion ceremony. As expected, I made it to 2nd kub - upper brown - which means that I'm one more semester closer to being a red belt, and also a little shorter of a time until my 1-dan test. Still counting down! Nothing much to report, except no one failed the test and everyone did really well, some more than others. I think we have more brown belts than any other class.

Afterwards, I went to do something church-related, then stopped off at the climbing gym to get in about an hour's climb. I looked around for the crew I normally climb with, and ended up hooking up with Tony, a friend from college. I ran laps until they called time - ended up getting in a total of three climbs, all three of which were new and all three of which were pretty easy. (5.4-5.8). I flew up the 5.8, which really surprised me, and Tony had problems with those and he climbs 5.10s normally! I guess I am getting a little better at it.


Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> *   (0) comments
Post a Comment

Home