Posted
9:49 PM
by spitgirl
Today was controls, so we did a light warmup and then some rolls (kathunk kathunk for the soft rolls) and then some rounds of matwork. I got one round in with Kevin, which I just barely survived, even though he was holding one hand in his belt. Blah. I need to get better at this. I did the second round with Chris Peterson, who, as James Gill describes, is like "oooh, so loose, you can move any limb you want to, and then... BAM, he's got you in a pin." Well, Chris played pretty nice until I started working fingers, and when I started doing that, he pinched me in the inner thigh (owie!) to tell me to play nice.
Afterwards, there was a practice test for lower and upper ranks. I was feeling kind of dinged, so Kenny and I worked on 16 step - the two fireman's carry and the two carpet rolls. (I can't say "rice thresher" on the mat without stumbling over the words.) Ran over a couple of 16 steps with Ting. I think I know (or at least know OF) all of the 16 step at this point in time. But there are still ones I need to work on... like the rice threshers. Sigh.