Posted
11:32 PM
by spitgirl
Whoah. It's kicks week, and for the later workout we got separated into different ranks to warm up. James Gill had our group (browns and reds) doing pop-ups, which is where you reach down to your ankles for a count of four, and then kihap and jump. Man, my quads were burning after that one. We had to decide on two different kicks that we wanted to learn. Our two were spin heel (ObSpinHeel) and then flying kicks. My first set of spin heel kicks were GORGEOUS. Except I didn't know it at the time. Blah. My second set was bad, and it just got progressively worse.
We then worked some flying kicks, and that was also a lot of fun. I tried some flying side kicks, a number of double side kicks, and a turning double kick, and then Dr. Link decided to stop us and teach us the turning double kick, which I fudged a number of times but had fun doing anyway.