Posted
7:40 PM
by spitgirl
Definitely an incredible day. After last week's light soccer week, I felt like maybe I didn't deserve to be a hardcore athlete. Today more than made up for it, though. The whole day started out a little iffy, but I ran over a mile (I think) in soccer, then jogged up and down the field and did some conditioning exercises with the girls. I made it out okay, and it was a pretty decent workout for just under two hours. Miracle of all miracles, I actually made it into the dojang in time to figure out that it was a T-shirt workout with an emphasis on kazushi. I am so glad I didn't miss this one...
So after a good warmup, including throws, we worked in pairs to work on kazushi (balance break). I worked all of the rounds with Vera, who also had a dinged left knee. After that, we worked in groups of the approximate same weight. I got Pat Chew, Steve, Ray, Sung, and Hien in my group. We worked out a couple of different throws, and I got my neck crunched by Raymond - but knowing Raymond, it's probably my fault I got a few of my vertebrae realigned. It was good - and I think I have a bruised shin now.
Tomorrow, more conditioning with soccer. Yay.
Peanut Gallery